Damage is estimated at $75,000 as a result of an apartment fire on Queen St. just before 12:30 this morning.
15 firefighters from 3 stations responded to the call that was place from a cell phone.
The lone person living in the united burnt his hands trying to put the fire out before the fire department arrived.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated and released.
Firefighters quickly contained the fire to the living room area and kept it from spreading through the rest of the unit.
Officials say the cause of the fire was an unattended candle.